I worked for this attorney and witnessed first hand how she treated clients and her staff. I was at "ground zero" so I saw what really went on behind closed doors.
1. She did not return phone calls and had staff lie to clients and make up things to tell them....repeatedly.
2. She'd let a file sit and sit and sit and not address it and then turn around and make up something bad about the client and twist the lack of work and results in a way that the client was to blame.
3. She was always texting or on twitter talking about her hikes, what a great day it was but she would tell clients she was sick. She even told a client she would call them on the weekend (Saturday) as the client waited WEEKS to get a return call only to never call the client.
4. After she got a letter from the California State Bar she went back to her social media accounts and deleted her hikes and "fun" so that it aligned with her story that she she was going through a rough patch in her life. A lot of people go through rough patches, my friend is an accountant and lost her son to cancer and worked during her grieving process and traumatic event, she never lied to clients, took money and she worked hard and did her job.
5. Last I heard she was losing her office, was having financial issues (again) and the Cal State Bar finally has caught up to her. They should call her old clients during 2010, 2011 2012....using Court Records and interview them to see what is true....especially the ones that substituted out....there is a long paper trail of unhappy clients that she did wrong and I am sure they would all talk and support it with evidence.
Reason of review: Poor customer service.